Fergus Cleaver is a respected accountant who serves business professionals and individual clients in Auckland, New Zealand. He is currently the Senior Accountant at Cleaver Richards – an accounting firm with extensive business, personal and tax services. As a polished professional in the financial industry, Fergus understands that every client’s needs are different.
Cleaver and his firm work closely with clients in order to better understand their individual financial situation and goals. With a diverse knowledge of financial planning and related services, he and his team are able to form long-lasting relationships and customized plans. Of course, they also specialize in providing top-notch customer service.
Fergus Cleaver is an expert in many different areas of accounting, which includes an in-depth knowledge of tax laws and procedures. Through his work, he is able to provide the following services:
- Fringe Benefit Tax Planning – Fringe benefit tax (FBT) is a form of tax applied to the benefits that employees receive from their company. These benefits can include taxes on employer contributions to motor vehicles, low-interest loans, gifts, discounted services, subsidized transport, insurance funds and sick/accident/death funds.
The FBT management at Cleaver Richards is up-to-date with the ever-changing practices and regulations that apply to fringe benefit taxes. The company can provide expert analysis of an employer’s FBT information to make sure that the employer is not paying an excessive amount in FBT. As with all of the firm’s services, FBT management is not just about crunching numbers. In fact, these professionals work to supply appropriate information so clients can make informed-decisions when it comes to forming an FBT plan or making the relevant proposals.
- Goods and Services Tax – Many businesses in New Zealand must register for the goods and services tax (GST) if they provide goods such as personal property or real estate, services (e.g. dental care, mechanic repair) and any imported goods or services. Although it is a common tax, calculating these rates and claims can prove difficult for the busy professional – that is why accountants like Fergus are prepared to help.
This particular accounting group provides a wide array of GST related services that include:
- GST return preparation
- Adjustment and filing of GST return
- GST registration
- Particular specialist GST events, such as the sale or purchase of property
- Assistance with IRD audits
- Additional Taxation Services – Although often considered a burden, taxation is a necessary part of life for any New Zealand professional. Taxes can cover a wide range of financial exchanges and the more involved a business is, the more costly these procedures can become. However, these talented professionals work to minimize these costs and can compile a firm grasp of every client’s needs, including:
- Personal and professional tax return preparation
- Tax payment advice
- GST/ACC/FBT obligations
- IRD dispute and audit management
- Expert advice regarding the implementation of tax effective trust structures that are applied to asset protection and tax minimization efforts
Business Start-Up Planning
Running a business requires a lot more financial planning than proper tax preparation. From general bookkeeping, to strategic planning, this accounting firm is prepared to handle a wide range of professional accounting services.
If you are beginning a business in New Zealand, it is essential to create a strong foundation for financial management. While you may have a good idea for a new business, you and your colleagues may not always have adequate legal or financial knowledge. Fergus Cleaver and associates are prepared to help with any of the following financial elements that apply to starting a new enterprise:
- Establishing a solid professional relationship with a chosen bank.
- Deciding on the most appropriate business plan for financial structuring and developing it for implementation. Cleaver Richards can help you determine whether a sole trader, partnership, or limited company status is the right decision.
- Creating a solid analysis for future planning based on cash flow projections, budgets and trading forecasts.
Fergus Cleaver Provides More Professional Accounting Services
Once your new business is up and running, you may discover that your successful venture requires more in-depth accounting services. Likewise, if you are a business owner who worked in an industry for several years, you may find that your company is in need of similar services. Whether your company’s financial management requires further analysis due to growth or industry changes, Fergus Cleaver is prepared to help.
- Benchmarking – After a business has existed for several years, it is important to reassess comparative costs and risks to determine a successful financial plan for the future. This accountant has years of experience providing further insight and detailed reports to help entrepreneurs determine:
- Proper rent payment.
- Comparative performance based on competitor analysis
- The inner-workings of the entire related industry
- Payroll Services – Although a more routine part of normal business operations, conducting efficient and well-documented payroll procedures is essential to maintaining a strong company. As one of Fergus’ clients, you can expect superior IR-filing services, summary and analysis of staff costs and proper administration of bonus, incentive or termination payments.
- Management Consulting - If your business is growing, chances are that you are hiring more employees. Managing a larger team can often take away from the areas of industry that you are most skilled in. This accounting firm is skilled in providing expert management consulting services to give you more time to focus on the qualities that made you such a successful entrepreneur in the first place.
Not only can Fergus provide detailed insight into the effectiveness of your staff management, but he can also assist in determining key performance indicators, tracking business growth and determining plans to adjust to industry changes.
While seeing a list of the many services that Mr. Fergus Cleaver can provide, what really determines an accountant’s worth is his or her education. Accountant Fergus Cleaver received his formal higher education from the notable institutions of Simon Fraser University and University of Auckland. Fergus Cleaver obtained even further specialized training from the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants to ensure greater insight into client needs.
Awesome design, congrats on the new site!!